Our courses are taught over a number of weeks, normally 4 – 6 weeks, to give both the parent and baby time to learn and become comfortable with the massage. Each week parents learn strokes for a new part of the body while reviewing strokes from previous classes. So new strokes are learned and previous information is reinforced. We teach a little at a time to ensure that you are confident with every aspect.
The strokes and styles of baby massage are easier to grasp when demonstrated by our experienced instructors. Pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage, respect, bonding, why baby cries, baby’s body language, positioning of the baby, relaxation and parent empowerment are some of the skills and topics that will be discussed. Come join a class!
What’s a class like?
- Our classes are held in small groups to ensure personalized attention.
- Classes are baby led. In our classes, it’s okay for babies to cry!
- Supportive group sessions where parents can share experiences and learn from each other while having fun.
- Recommended age for group classes is from birth to pre-crawling. Come join a class!
- Private individualized instruction is available. Please contact a Certified Educator of Infant Massage (CEIM) near you.
- Our educators regularly conduct in-services and demonstrations for professional groups and conferences.
Here are some pictures from our classes: